“Total Recall” has one of the best movie premises. You get hooked up to a machine and pretend to be the best version of you that you could possibly imagine. Of all the relaunches and re-imagining of older films, this one seems to be as relevant as ever. And it’s got Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel so if absolutely nothing else it’ll be good to look at.
To help build the buzz, Sony Pictures has a very intriguing contest/promotional event in advance of the film’s Aug. 3 debut.
Ever wish you could be a sports anchor, behind the scenes at ESPN? A Rock Star, chilling with Green Day? A fashionista, hanging with Heidi Klum? A professional videogamer? A Club DJ? A secret agent? Now, Rekall will give moviegoers the chance to live out their fantasies.
In the new movie “Total Recall,” an ordinary factory worker visits Rekall – the company that can give you real memories of a fantastic life. In Sony Pictures Entertainment’s “Welcome to Rekall” sweepstakes at www.WelcomeToRekall.com, moviegoers will get their chance to bring the Rekall experience to life with a fantasy sweepstakes package.
In addition, all visitors to the site will be able to link their Facebook profiles to their entry to receive a personalized Rekall video, detailing the story of their brand new memories and successful Rekall experience, which they can share with their friends on Facebook.
With nine different categories to choose from, moviegoers will enter to win a premium prize package with top partners:
- The Sports Anchor winner will spend the day at ESPN headquarters to get the full experience of a day in studio, provided by ESPN
- The Rock Star winner will hang with Green Day, attend a sound check and receive backstage access provided by Pandora
- The Fashionista winner will meet Heidi Klum and her stylist in Los Angeles, sponsored by AOL
- The Secret Agent winner will attend the Stiletto Spy School or the MI6 Academy, sponsored by Yahoo! Movies
- The UFC Champion winner, sponsored by UFC, will train with pro fighters and sit octagonside with the trainer
- The Celebrity winner will live like a celebrity in Los Angeles and attend a red carpet event, sponsored by Wonderwall
- The DJ winner will receive DJ lessons from a high-profile DJ, sponsored by Complex
- The Video Gamer winner will travel to Microsoft headquarters to meet a game developer and receive the chance to battle it out with a pro, sponsored by Microsoft
- And the Millionaire winner will receive 1,000,000 Sony Rewards points, sponsored by Sony Rewards. With Sony Rewards, members can get rewarded for doing the things they already love – like going to the movies, playing games, sharing and more. The points can be used to redeem for the latest Sony electronics, movies, music and games – and even once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
In addition, there will be “Welcome to Rekall” experiences in New York, Los Angeles and at Comic-Con. At these special kiosks, users will be able to choose their Rekall experience and receive a photo badge of themselves experiencing the Rekall-provided memory.
Yet another reason I wish I was going to Comic-Con. The UFC one seems to offer the best experience for the winner, but all of the prizes seem pretty fun. Which one would you want to win?