Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes easily could have been a quick cash grab to take advantage of the excitement and hype of Star Wars: Force Awakens, but instead it’s a pretty fun strategic mobile game.
EA revealed some exciting news as the game is getting a monster upgrade with several new features including a battle with the infamous Rancor from Star Wars: Episode VII – Return of the Jedi.
Building on player demand, the new update will allow players to team up in Guilds, discuss strategy via real-time chat and take on some of the Star Wars saga’s most sinister characters.
The new update includes:
- Guilds are unlocked when players reach level 22. To join a Guild, players can search for a friend, explore recommended Guilds, or create their own.
- New chat functionality lets players connect and strategize with Guild mates in real time.
- Guild activities provide ongoing challenges to inspire competition and cooperation with Guild mates for epic gear and rewards.
- A deep set of Guild management tools allow Guild leaders to customize a logo, make their Guild public or private, promote officers, manage membership, and more.
- Players can go deep into The Pit, the first in a series of multi-tier Raids that will grow over time. The Pit challenges Guilds to square off against a ferocious rancor, with multiple difficulty levels and a variety of rewards for players from levels 22 to 80.
- Raid leaderboards let players keep tabs on who’s ahead and who’s behind in the race to be the best and wealthiest in the Cantina.
Earn New Characters
- Han Solo (Rancor Raid)- Rebel Scoundrel Attacker who always shoots first. Han gets a free attack at the beginning of the battle, allowing the player to start with a substantial advantage.
- Gamorrean Guard (Guild Store)- These powerful warriors use Taunts and Counters with multiple Damage Over Time effects.
- Jawa Engineer (Guild Store)- High-speed Jawa Healer with a critical chance buff that supports both Jawas and Droids—teams that have, until now, not had a healer of their own.
Photo Credit: EA Sports