NXT edition 2K17 features current stars
My favorite brand under the WWE banner is not RAW or Smackdown, but NXT. Constantly it’s right in the mix as the week’s best show. RAW and Smackdown? Not even close. Perhaps recognizing that’s where the buzz of the WWE is 2K Sports is releasing an NXT edition of WWE 2K17.
Last year 2K took a lot of heat for the game not including NXT standouts Bayley, Becky Lynch, Charlotte and Sasha Banks. That was a pretty bad omission made worse by the fact 2K Sports acknowledged the Four Horsewoman wouldn’t be downloadable content additions either.
This year they seem to have learned from that snafu. The NXT edition version includes current NXT breakout star Shinsuke Nakamura and women’s division powerhouse Nia Jax. NXT alumni Apollo Crews is also part of the NXT edition. Check out this new trailer featuring the NXT standouts and special edition features.
The $99.99 deluxe edition includes:
- A copy of the WWE 2K17 video game;
- Exclusive premium packaging;
- NXT Enhancement Pack:
- Playable NXT Superstars: Shinsuke Nakamura, Nia Jax and Apollo Crews;
- 50 percent more points at NXT in MyCareer;
- Exclusive Canvas 2 Canvas lithograph designed by WWE artist Rob Schamberger and autographed by NXT Superstar Shinsuke Nakamura;
- Exclusive eight-inch “Demon” Finn Bálor collectible figurine;
- Exclusive Topps NXT TakeOver: London Mat Relics Card:
The Finn Balor figurine might make the deluxe edition worth it alone. It’s a pretty incredible looking display piece. I’m hoping at some point 2K Sports does a series of WWE stars in this format. WWE 2K17 will be released on Oct. 11th. Make sure to reserve your copy today.