I haven’t been totally sold on plunking down for this year’s edition, but the latest WWE 2K17 DLC updates definitely has me considering it now.
2kSports revealed the full slate of DLC following the game’s release next month. There’s a lot of worthwhile additions. Unlike last year, 2KSports seems to be on top of the main players in the WWE and has them all in the game.
As usual, the Hall of Fame showcase is most intriguing to me. That mode lets players re-enact the Freebirds vs Von Erich rivalry. I’m hoping at some point, 2KSports completes the factions and adds David Von Erich and Terry Gordy. It seems weird to have 2/3 of the teams. Other fun match-ups pit Sting vs Bret Hart from WCW Halloween Havoc 1998. With cover star Goldberg in this year’s edition, this might be the deepest WCW roster yet.
Here’s the full slate of features and additional characters:
Future Stars Pack
- Playable WWE and NXT Superstars: Austin Aries, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger;
- The Future Stars Pack will be available for $8.99.
Hall of Fame Showcase
- Playable matches include:
- Cactus Jack and Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin and Michael ‘PS’ Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992);
- The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts and Michael ‘PS’ Hayes) vs. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986);
- Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000);
- Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988);
- Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998);
- Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match);
- Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. The Big Show (Armageddon 1999);
- The Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for $9.99.
- Playable WWE Legends: Brutus ‘The Barber’ Beefcake, Eddie Guerrero, Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine, Sycho Sid and Tatanka;
- The Legends Pack will be available for $8.99.
Image Credit: 2KSports