Capcom is going retro with The Disney Afternoon Collection set. In the dying days of cool weekday cartoons, Disney Afternoon provided some timeless shows that still hold up today. The collection features video games back in the old school days long before PlayStation and Xbox were the dominant systems.
The Disney Afternoon Collection, available today digitally on all platforms including PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, is like a time machine for folks who can remember watching new episodes of these shows and playing their video game spin-offs.
Six games make up the set and all of them should appeal to Disney fans whether they’re playing them again or for the first time. The games are:
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in optional co-op play and assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!
- Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.
- DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.
- DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!
- TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
As you’d expect, the games have received an HD makeover and new features including With the in-game ‘Museum’ with vintage art and facts, the new ‘Boss Rush’ and ‘Time Attack’ modes and the new ‘Rewind’ feature.
At a reasonably priced $20, this is a pretty solid deal. Time to take a spin on the old nostalgia machine.