Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is about to heat up with the announcement of four new characters including Ghost Rider.
Capcom revealed Ghost Rider, Firebrand, Jedah and Dormammu today. These are some interesting additions. Was Firebrand on anyone’s most requested character list? Dormammu makes sense given his role in Doctor Strange and Ghost Rider offers some fun play potential. These four take the final roster to 30 playable characters although Capcom announced more will arrive after launch.
We’ll get more info on these characters and new gameplay details next week during Capcom’s presentation at Gamescom in Germany.
Now let’s check out the new story mode trailer:
I can’t fully explain how hyped I got seeing Nemesis pop up and Mike Haggar suplexing him. This game was already bought, but I almost want to buy it all over again just for that scene alone.
Here’s some of the features:
- Offline Modes and Features:
- Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite comes to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC across North America and Europe on Sept. 19, 2017.