Hot Toys' "Marvel's The Avengers" Hawkeye collectible figure
I’m wondering now if Hot Toys will simply take a portion out of my paycheck so I can amass a real “Marvel’s The Avengers” 12″ collectible figure team? So far I’ve shown their magic touch with Captain America, Thor, Loki along with a couple of previews of Iron Man and Hulk, but now it’s time to look at the team’s ace archer – Hawkeye.
Hawkeye is one one of my favorite Avengers simply because he’s a regular guy who’s hanging out with super soldiers, thunder gods, geniuses who are rich enough to make their own flying suit of armor and gamma radiated beasts. He doesn’t have any super-power. He’s just really, really good at shooting arrows. He’s the kind of hero who you think if I worked at it really hard, I could do that. If you’re anything like me, you probably won’t ever take the time to become an advanced level archer, but it’s nice to know the option is available as opposed to Hulk where you’re more than likely not going to survive getting hit with massive amounts of radiation.
You shouldn’t be surprised at this point about the uncanny resemblance to Jeremy Renner, the actor who portrayed Hawkeye in the movie. It is downright amazing how these look less like action figures and more like miniaturized versions of the actors and Hawkeye is one of the best so far as he looks ready to take out another SHIELD agent while under Loki’s spell or ready to shoot an arrow in his former captor’s eye.
Hawkeye doesn’t have as flashy an outfit as the rest of his teammates, but Hot Toys makes it pop more than it did onscreen with what appears to be a slightly more vibrant red that better captures the whole superhero outfit and seems more detailed than the more flat, one-piece look of the attire in the movie.
And those way more expensive than the mall kiosk sunglasses add a little something extra too. They add a nice too cool for this fight vibe. In all of the promotional drawings for the film, Renner wore sunglasses, but he didn’t when he wore this outfit for the climatic battle. Wonder who decided they weren’t necessary – he or Director Joss Whedon?
As you see, he’s armed and ready for action with his snap-out bow and a quiver full of arrows and sunglasses or not, he makes for an impressive looking figure. Here’s the official collectible write-up:
Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the second limited edition collectible figurine from the upcoming superhero blockbuster, The Avengers. The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, featuring a newly developed head sculpt, highly detailed costume, weapons and accessories.
The Hawkeye Sixth Scale Figure features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye/Clint Barton in The Avengers movie
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Muscular body with over 30 points of articulation
- Movie-accurate facial features with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable palms with finger tabs on left palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) right palm for holding bow
- Three (3) left palms of different styles for holding arrow
- One (1) black and pale red vest
- One (1) pair of navy blue pants with belts on waist and thighs
- One (1) pair of black boots
- Two (2) bows including one (1) fully opened and one (1) with articulation
- Sixteen (16) arrows and eleven (11) arrowheads of different styles with quiver
- One (1) pair of sunglasses
- One (1) right armguard
- Figure stand with Hawkeye nameplate and the movie logo
It wasn’t completely necessary given that this is heroic Hawkeye, but the only way this figure could be better would be if it came with his SHIELD attire so you could pose him against the Black Widow to re-enact their fight.
As is, Hot Toys has made yet another pretty much perfect collectible for their Avengers line and if you’ve got the funds available, it’s certainly worth purchasing at Sideshow Collectibles.