Better hope you get your unlimited data plan set as Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is coming to iOS and Android devices this summer.
SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD and gumi Inc. are co-developing the game, which will launch for free with in-app purchases.
As a daily transit commuter, a mobile RPG sounds like a perfect way to make it through a dreary commute so I’m excited about this as it’s the perfect format to sit in traffic.
Adventurers will follow two knights of the kingdom of Grandshelt, and a young girl who suddenly appears before them, as they begin their quest to pursue a highly sought after crystal. Players will make their way through various types of dungeons to search for items, collect gil, uncover hidden paths, and venture new routes.
The title features:
- Traditional, turn-based gameplay with streamlined battle mechanics and intuitive touch controls, making it easy to pick up and play for newcomers as well as long-time fans
- Players will be able to move their characters through fields and dungeons to search for items, hidden paths, and new routes.
- High-quality CG animations of FINAL FANTASY summons
- Appearances from new and characters from past titles like the Warrior of Light, Cecil, Vivi, and Terra
- A complete RPG experience in an easy, portable format for mobile phones
The hopes and dreams of
legendary warriors given life.
A world of crystals and the visions
that slumber within.
Harnessing the power of the crystals,
mankind prospered, nations flourished.
But just as day gives way to night,
that era of peace proved but a fleeting
Now, as their world stands on the precipice
of ruin, two young knights summon visions
to their side as they strike out on a journey
to chase the shadows.
So begins a new tale of crystals,
and the heroes who would save them…
By logging-in with their SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD account, players can accumulate points that can be exchanged for various items. Also, the iconic Triple Triad card game from FINAL FANTASY VIII makes its mobile debut, and is playable in the app.
Screenshots courtesy: SQUARE ENIX CO