Alex Ross booth will feature Flash Gordon’s Sam Jones
Comic fans have long come to revere the work of Alex Ross. The acclaimed artist will be bringing some of his more limited pieces to San Diego Comic Con.
In a first for the con, the Alex Ross Fine Art booth will let fans browse and purchase art. Attendees won’t be able to miss the booth at #2415. The two-story booth, designed by Plus+Studios features some of Ross’ classic work.
Additionally, SDCC convention exclusives will be on hand. Those include:
- DC Comics Batman Scars Lithograph (limited to 200 numbered additions with COA)
- DC Comics Absolute Justice Mini-Canvas (limited to 100 numbered additions with COA)
- Captain America Joins Mini Canvas (limited to 100 numbered additions with COA)
- Trouble in San Francisco, (limited to 100 numbered editions with COA)
- SDCC Sketchbook 2016
- Alex Ross Art Premiere Event at Chuck Jones Gallery.
A special set of portraits featuring The Beatles during their Yellow Submarine era will also be on hand at SDCC. Those pieces were originally shown at The Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas.
Longtime Ross fans know that Flash Gordon is his favorite film. Hard to fault him much on that one as the film is pretty amazing and fun. This year Sam Jones — Flash Gordon himself — will be on hand at the booth to sign autographs. Jones will be signing Ross’ Flash Gordon Anniversary Giclee on Canvas Print and a SDCC Exclusive Flash Gordon Lithograph. Jones will be signing from noon to 2 p.m. on Thursday, July 21. Ross himself will not be in attendance.
Yet another reason for those of us who aren’t able to make it out to SDCC to be jealous. For those of you who are going and do check out the booth take a pic. I’d love to see how it looks and the turnout for what should be a pretty major happening at SDCC.