The Blue Bomber is back and ready to bolster his arsenal with Mega Man 11. Just in time for the series’ 30th anniversary, we’re getting a new addition to the series. Mega Man features the standard side-scrolling gameplay and a new Double Gear feature.
Capcom also revealed Mega Man 11 will include some new features for its Oct. 2 release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Here’s the synopsis:
Long-time mustachioed series villain Dr. Wily is back to his mischievous ways and has had a true flash of evil genius, deciding to invest in an ambitious idea from his time at Robot University where he studied alongside Dr. Light, Mega Man’s benevolent creator.
Dr. Light, who also recalls this inventive idea, decides to upgrade Mega Man with this powerful prototype known as the Double Gear system, installing it into his circuits and expanding his abilities for the greatest fight yet for everlasting peace as they take on the evil attempts of Dr. Wily to conquer the world.
Check out this new trailer to get a glimpse of the Double Gear system in action.
Capcom isn’t ready to reveal all of the new Robot Master bosses, but did debut the speedy Fuse Man and brick laying Block Man.
As for the new Double Gear system, Capcom says it adds a unique new twist on the satisfying platforming action, offering options to enhance Mega Man’s speed and power on the fly. Here’s how they break down:
- Speed Gear – Introduces the ability to slow the flow of time, a useful tool for many situations such as navigating tricky platforming sections or avoiding fast-moving enemies or obstacles.
- Power Gear – Allows players to charge the Mega Buster to a new level, and weapon-based abilities become even more robust.
- Double Gear – When at critical health, Mega Man will gain access to a hidden ability to activate both gears simultaneously, unleashing maximum power and allowing for deft maneuvers in the direst situations.
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 will be available for Nintendo Switch featuring all 10 of the original series. On July 24, Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 arrives on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One and Windows PC.
- Ranking the Marvel Studios movies from Iron Man to Avengers: Infinity War
- Why did Solo fail to soar at the box office?
- Looking back at the good and bad of DC Rebirth Year Two
- Marvel Legends figure reviews
Fans attending E3 in LA from June 12-14 will be able to play Mega Man 11 and Mega Man X Collection 1 +2 at the Capcom booth (South Hall, #2223).