Not every player can be the cover star of the latest sports video game. But getting immortalized as a figure probably is the next best thing. McFarlane Toys announced it’s teaming with the NBA 2K franchise on the NBA 2K19 figures with a special program.
Collectors who buy a McFarlane NBA 2K19 figure will receive a McFarlane Pack Locker Code that includes one Ruby Card of one of the six players in the series.
Joining the roster this year is:
- NBA cover star Giannis Antetokounmpo of the Milwaukee Bucks
- NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant of the Golden State Warriors
- NBA MVP James Harden of the Houston Rockets
- Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kristaps Porzingis of the New York Knicks
- Kyrie Irving of the Boston Celtics
‘Joining with NBA 2K is exciting, that franchise has evolved into a juggernaut, not just with the NBA but with video games altogether, and to have our figures associated with it, just feels like a natural fit,’ said Todd McFarlane, founder and CEO of McFarlane Toys in a statement.
The NBA 2K19 figures will be exclusive to Wal-Mart and will be available in August for $24.96.