One of my favorite arcade games was Konami’s 1992 GI Joe. It was a rail shooter crammed with all kinds of awesome Easter Eggs for fans. I donated a slew of quarters to that one. The graphics look archaic by today’s standards, but I’d still happily play it for hours. Check out that classic here.
For whatever reason GI Joe has always been a neglected property when it comes to games so it was a treat to learn D3 Go! and Emerald City Games is making a new Joe game GI Joe War on Cobra. It looks primarily like a strategy game featuring the heroes and villains of the Real American Hero saga. Check out the trailer:
Here’s the official write-up:
Choose a side and battle in G.I. Joe: War on Cobra! Build, upgrade, and defend your base in this high action, competitive multiplayer strategy game, featuring your favorite G.I. Joe Heroes and Cobra Villains!
The War on Cobra wages on…where does your allegiance lie? Clash with or against iconic characters like Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Roadblock, Storm Shadow, Baroness, and more! Deploy or demolish Units like H.I.S.S., Mamba, Vamp, and M.O.B.A.T. The future of Earth is at stake, will you save it or conquer it?
G.I. Joe: War on Cobra launches worldwide on January 20, 2020 on the App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore. Pre-Register today on Google Play HERE
- Collect Hero, Troop, Command, and Vehicle cards and customize your deck to attack enemies or defend your base
- Compete with other players in PVP Events and work your way up the ranks!
- Equip your Squad and defend from land, sea, or air with special defenses such as Turrets, Sea Mines, and Troop – Depots, for the ultimate victory!
- Choose a side! G.I. Joe and Cobra factions have unique Units and Buildings and play differently for a truly substantial gaming experience!
- Complete an ever changing array of Missions to earn additional resources and special rewards for your troops!
- DC Comics reviews for 1/8/20 – Batman #86, Hawkman #20
- McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Superman figure review
- Image Comics reviews 1-8-20 Gideon Falls #20, The Clock #1
- The Witcher Season 1 review – worthy of a watch
COLLECT HEROES, VILLAINS, TROOPS, AND VEHICLES
Collect cards and customize your deck to upgrade your Heroes, Troops, Commands, and Vehicles. Open Cargo Shipments loaded with essential units and resources. Move your way through the tiers to unlock enhanced characters, weapons, and more!
COMPETE IN PVP EVENTS TO ATTACK AND DEFEND
Battle against players from around the globe in Events and Alliance Wars for oil, minerals, intel, and PVP Ranking. Deploy Units in battle to attack enemy bases and raid their resources. Vehicles can hold extra heroes to bring them to the front lines and can unlock special weapons and extra guns! Work your way up the ranks for the best rewards!
BUILD, UPGRADE, AND CUSTOMIZE YOUR BASE
Produce resources to increase base protection and participate in epic battles! Upgrade your base to defend your resources from enemy troops determined to liberate them for their own use! Gain access to new and advanced defenses as you customize and level-up your Headquarters.
There’s zero chance I won’t try this out and it looks like it could be a lot of fun. What do you think?
Image Credit: D3 Go!